Welcome! I'm a software developer from Bucks, UK.
I'm Tech Lead at Netdespatch, where I work on a SaaS product that simplifies the shipment and tracking of parcels.
I've worked in several industries, ranging from FinTech to EV smart charging.
I'm a "full stack" developer who's comfortable:
- Building AWS platforms using IaC (Terraform/CDK)
- Designing and scaling database schemas
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Writing backend services & API's
- Building webapps (mostly angular, some react)
I like learning new languages, right now I use a mixture of:
- Rust (very recently)
I've worked on some really interesting things over the years, some things I'm particularly proud of:
- Building an IoT platform from scratch, to ingest, and process, large volumes of data from electric vehicles and chargers
- Created a DSL to generate simulations of electric vehicles and chargers plugging in and disconnecting
- Created a high performance, distributed low-code platform (and several products on top of it) to reduce time to market for banking applications
- Created an internal stock exchange to allow investment banks to reduce trading costs for investors.
- Built a test platform to allow investment banks to perform integration tests, without depending on third parties
Things I want to work on in the future:
- Applying machine learning to problems I see in my day job
- Further exploring linear/constraint programming
- Formal verification
When I'm not writing code or browsing hacker news, I enjoy hiking, running, Tennis & Boxing.
This site is a work in progress, more interesting content soon!
You can contact me at leemorris at fastmail dot com (I have no idea if this keeps spam bots away, but worth a shot!)